When you start looking for jobs in a developer role as a fresher, there is a 99% probability that the recruiter would like to see your developer portfolio, this portfolio will contain all your projects that you have done so far and other important details. If you really want to impress the recruiter it’s better to keep your portfolio ready. The best way to do it is to do it without spending a single penny. Now there are other platforms that allow you to launch your website there free of cost but here we will talk about Github pages, and gh-pages. If you are a developer or even anyone from IT you know about GitHub already. So let’s directly jump into how to do it.
Below mentioned image is just a sample page that I have created for this article but I have made this page live on GitHub, so you can go and check it as well.
This is the live demo link
1) First thing first after completing your portfolio codes, push those codes onto GitHub.
2) Create one another branch, though you can use the master branch as well, but for future reference play the safe side and create one new branch naming it “gh-pages”.
Check the below image for reference
3) Push codes into gh-pages
4) Check the GitHub account repo page to see if the branch has been made or not.
As you can gh-pages branch which we created through terminal is here.
5) Now click on the Settings tab.
6) Open the Pages tab from the left sidebar
7) The notification will show you the link for your website, which is now live. Go and check it by clicking on the link given.