Let me tell you what I do.
I have a lot of drafts here and there on Medium, on Docs, on Google Notes, on my blog page, and on my Laptop, it’s a long list of outdated content topics. More often I start by writing titles and then the subtitles (just like this one) and if I am a lot excited I might start with the content but then…….(just like this), I don’t complete the content in 1 go. I honestly feel so guilty about it but I want to write something sensible which makes sense and can help you and me at the same time.
I asked myself if it is even possible to write a blog or article in one sitting. Well, I think it depends on what exactly are you writing. If the topic is something that interests you a lot like a topic related to your everyday chores and work will automatically bring you a number of points and events but yes if the topic is related to something which is new or that you are learning currently, well definitely require some R & D. Truthfully, doing research is going to take your time.
These are a few ideas that I keep in mind when I write articles:-
- Start with something, I don’t wait for a good time, or a good place to start.
- I don’t specifically wait for getting my pen and diary to start. Even writing on Google Notes on my phone is a start for me.
- Write POINTS in a journal-like manner. I merely recommend the bullet points; leave out the specifics. Sometimes what I put down doesn’t even make sense. But trust the process.
- Although an explanation is preferable, bullet points are the writer’s and the reader’s savior. So when you are going for a short article like this, go with the points. For long articles as well break your paragraphs into points.
- One word can express you better than several words that might not make sense. The reader may occasionally focus on a single phrase or word that characterizes them rather than the entire narrative. So don’t complicate too much, the writing should be something that narrates the reader the whole story.
- I know for technical blogs it can become tough sometimes. Cause there are some hard technical words that can’t be changed. So try to make the word around it easier.
- Screenshot everything beforehand, like after finishing jotting down the basic points collect every image and infographic in a folder.
- For the technical blog, try to put screenshots of the steps that you are referring to, and try to put images that are kind of self-explanatory cause sometimes people only look for images.
- Use AI when in need, I know they are the best tool but use it as a helper cause writing has an essence of a writer. People will come back to read because of the way you write and not because of what you write.
There is always some reason why a reader will read the content, either they are looking for some answers or may they are looking for some peace in your words. So make sure you are putting some points where you are encouraging readers to do something or encourage them to be better selves. You will never know which article, or content will change someone’s life. That’s why I believe that “ Words are the biggest Bomb and Words are the biggest Counsellor.”
So choose your word wisely! Happy writing. 🙂